Acceptable Valid Identification

All Food Handler Safety Training Card applicants must furnish valid identification. All identification documents must be originals, not photocopies or scans. Documents should be legible and not be torn or taped together. Expired documents are not considered valid and are not accepted.

Valid Federal or National Issued Documents

  • US Passport or US Passport Card
  • US Military identification card (active duty, retired, reserve or dependent)
  • US Visa or Admissions stamp with a Foreign Passport
  • US Resident Alien Card or Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
  • US Employment Authorization Card

Valid State-Issued Driver Licenses

  • We accept valid driver licenses / driver authorization cards from each of the 50 U.S. States, the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories (American Samoa, Guam, Marianas, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands).
  • A non-driver DMV issued ID card may substitute for a driver license.
  • “Interim Documents” (accepted for renewals with photo on file or on Food Handler card; not accepted for first time applicants)

Other Identification Documents

  • Driver license from another country (subject to verification)
  • Identification card issued by a foreign consulate (“Matricula Consular”)
  • Electoral card with photo (within 10 years of issue date)

If you do not have a valid form of identification listed above, you must furnish any TWO of the following identification documents, one of which must contain a photo:

  • Local work ID with photo (industry related)
  • Sheriff’s Card
  • Student ID with photo for current school year with certified Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Foreign Passport (without US Visa or Admissions stamp) accepted with second form of identification
  • Certified US birth certificate
  • Certified foreign birth certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad

Now Over 7,000 Happy Students!

It’s no wonder when employees ask who they should get their Nevada Food Handler training from, Casinos, Restaurants, Schools, and Health Care providers overwhelmingly recommend Nevada Food Handler Card.