Body Art Card

This page should answer any and all questions you have in regards to getting the Nevada Food Handler Card, formerly called the Health Card, as well as, getting the Body Art Card.

Call Us 24x7


Write Us


New York, NY 10005

Food Handler Training Questions

How do I get my Nevada Food Handler Card ( Health Card )

We make it easy!

  1. Complete our Nevada Food Handler course.
  2. Pass the test at the Southern Nevada Health District.
  3. Your new Nevada Food Handler Card is valid for 3 Years for Nevada.

Why should I take the Nevada Food Handler training?

Properly trained food handlers can improve food safety and reduce risks and behaviors commonly associated with foodborne illness and outbreaks. By taking the course it shows your professionalism and commitment to the safety of your customers.

Although your state does not directly require food handlers themselves to take training, it does require that the “Person-In-Charge will train the employees.” This person is responsible for knowing all food sanitation rules, as well as policies and procedures within the food establishment.

Nevada Food Handler Card takes the burden of training off of the “Person-In-Charge” by providing employee training and testing. Each employee who passes the Nevada Food Handler Card course receives a food handler certificate, which confirm that he or she has achieved a basic understanding of food safety and met the learning objectives of the course. In addition, you have third-party documentation of your compliance with your state’s laws, which can help protect you from possible lawsuits. Your business may even want to advertise, “All employees trained in safe food handling practices.” and display our certificate to the public near the cashiers.

How long is your online Food Handler course?

Our online Nevada Food Handler’s course is seriously fast. No timers, cheesy mandatory videos, quizzes, or final exams. Just click through the course pages as fast or slow as you want and then get your official Nevada Food Handler Certificate.

Does your Nevada Food Handler course have quizzes or tests?

Nope! No quizzes, tests, or final exams. All you have to do is click through the course material. When you finish clicking through the course, your official Nevada Food Handler Card certificate will immediately appear in your account. A PDF copy of your certificate is also available.

Once I start the course, do I have to finish it right then?

Nope. You can log in and out of our online Nevada Food Handler Card course as often as you need. When you log back in, you’ll continue the course exactly where you left off. You have 60 days from the date of purchase to complete your course. All accounts are archived and deleted after 60 days from the date of purchase regardless of completion.

The website said my card was declined, but my account was still charged.

When your credit/debit card declines online or in-store, your account will usually still show a pending charge. This is standard procedure among banks that is completely out of our control. The pending charge(s) should not post to your account, but rather disappear or be reversed within a few business days.

I enrolled and paid for the course, but can’t log in.

Most of the time this is due to a typo in the email address. To confirm the email address we have on file as your username, email us at You might also try clearing the cache in your web browser’s internet history.

How does Nevada Food Handler Card protect my personal information?

Nevada Food Handler Card is committed to privacy and security in regards to data collected on our site. Our site employs security technology called SSL, which is used for encrypting information transmitted via the Internet. This allows sensitive information like credit card numbers to be transmitted securely. There are various types of SSL certificates, and Nevada Food Handler Card uses an Extended Validation (EV) SSL, which uses some of the highest standards in identity assurance to confirm the legitimacy of online entities. The issuer of Nevada Food Handler Card’s EV SSL put the website through stringent evaluation procedures and documentation checks to confirm authenticity and ownership. The Nevada Food Handler Card website also regularly undergoes scans to ensure compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, commonly referred to as PCI DSS Compliance. This is a set of security standards designed to ensure that all companies that accept, process, store, or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment.

Health District Testing Questions

Why do I have to take a test at the Southern Nevada Health District if I’ve completed a course or have a training certificate?

To ensure each applicant has knowledge in safe food handling techniques, you will need to pass the Southern Nevada Health District’s test to demonstrate your knowledge. Prior to taking the test, applicants will be required to present a valid photo ID as they’ve always done when applying for their Food Handler Safety Training Card (Health Card). The test will be overseen to ensure testing standards are maintained during the process.

How much is the Food Handler Card test at the Health District?

The test for the Food Handler Safety Training Card (Health Card) is included in the $20.00 card fee. If you fail the test, you will need to come back no earlier than the next business day to re-take the test after paying a $5.00 re-test fee. A score of 70 percent or better is considered passing

Can I bring notes or use my phone while taking the test?

All applicants will be asked to put their phones away and place them in “silent” mode or simply shut them off. No notes, books, or reference material will be allowed in the testing area. Any phone use or looking at notes, books, or reference material during the test will result in an automatic failure. You will be asked to return no earlier than the next business day and pay the $5.00 re-test fee before being allowed to test again.

Why is the first-time test more comprehensive than the renewal test?

First-time applicants must demonstrate knowledge of safe food handling techniques to obtain their Food Handler Safety Training Card (Health Card). Once employed, Food Handler Safety Training Card holders will be under the supervision and guidance of their establishments’ “Person in Charge” who is responsible for continued training and ensuring safe food handling techniques are being used. Renewal applicants will be tested on several “critical items” that all Food Handlers should know to be safe and effective while working in a permitted establishment.

Duplicate Card

Duplicate Food Handler Safety Training and Certified Food Safety Manager cards are only issued to people who have lost their current (non-expired) card. The cost of a duplicate card is $20. The expiration date will not change on your duplicate card.

Accepted Method of Payment

Cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express are accepted as forms of payment. *Cash is not accepted at Laughlin location.*

Locations and Hours of Operation

Food handler safety training and Certified Food Safety Manager cards are available at the following public health centers.

Southern Nevada Health District Main Facility

  • 280 S. Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89107
  • (702) 759-1099
  • Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
  • Note: Check-in for testing closes at 4:00 p.m.
  • Appointments are not needed.

Health District Services in Henderson

  • Henderson City Hall 240 S. Water St., Henderson, NV 89015
  • (702) 759-1515
  • Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
  • Note: Check-in for testing closes at 4:30 p.m.
  • Appointments are not needed.

Valid Identification

All Food Handler Safety Training Card applicants must furnish valid identification. All identification documents must be originals, not photocopies or scans. Documents should be legible and not be torn or taped together. Expired documents are not considered valid and are not accepted.

Valid Federal or National Issued Documents

  • US Passport or US Passport Card
  • US Military identification card (active duty, retired, reserve or dependent)
  • US Visa or Admissions stamp with a Foreign Passport
  • US Resident Alien Card or Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
  • US Employment Authorization Card

Valid State-Issued Driver Licenses

  • We accept valid driver licenses / driver authorization cards from each of the 50 U.S. States, the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories (American Samoa, Guam, Marianas, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands).
  • A non-driver DMV issued ID card may substitute for a driver license.
  • “Interim Documents” (accepted for renewals with photo on file or on Food Handler card; not accepted for first time applicants)

Other Identification Documents

  • Driver license from another country (subject to verification)
  • Identification card issued by a foreign consulate (“Matricula Consular”)
  • Electoral card with photo (within 10 years of issue date)

If you do not have a valid form of identification listed above, you must furnish any TWO of the following identification documents, one of which must contain a photo:

  • Local work ID with photo (industry related)
  • Sheriff’s Card
  • Student ID with photo for current school year with certified Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Foreign Passport (without US Visa or Admissions stamp) accepted with second form of identification
  • Certified US birth certificate
  • Certified foreign birth certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad

Now Over 7,000 Happy Students!

It’s no wonder when employees ask who they should get their Nevada Food Handler training from, Casinos, Restaurants, Schools, and Health Care providers overwhelmingly recommend Nevada Food Handler Card.